There are two ways to enter Myanmar for Nepali Citizens:
- Obtain the visa from the Myanmar Embassy.
- Obtain the eVisa.
The eVisa is the easiest process to but it can be subject to some limitation in term of entry port. Since there is a Myanmar Embassy in Kathmandu best is to obtain the visa in Nepal.
A complete step by step guide to obtain a Myanmar Visa.
- Return air ticket or onward travel ticket.
- Address of the hotel and hotel booking.
- Details of your itinerary.
- Passport with minimum of 6 month validity and two empty pages.
- One recent passport size photo.
Myanmar Paper Visa
Download and print one copy of the Myanmar visa application form.
Submit the application and pay the fee (USD 20 for 28 days) at Nakkhu Height, Lalitpur, Kathmandu.
Collect your passport and you are good to go!
- Submit the online application form
- Take up to 3 days for approval.
- You can choose express service – which is same day service with an additional cost.
PRINT the eVisa approval letter and eVisa holder can enter Myanmar only via following ports:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint