There are two ways to enter Myanmar for Nepali Citizens:
- Obtain the visa from the Myanmar Embassy.
- Obtain the eVisa.
The eVisa is the easiest process to but it can be subject to some limitation in term of entry port. Since there is a Myanmar Embassy in Kathmandu best is to obtain the visa in Nepal.
A complete step by step guide to obtain a Myanmar Visa.
- Return air ticket or onward travel ticket.
- Address of the hotel and hotel booking.
- Details of your itinerary.
- Passport with minimum of 6 month validity and two empty pages.
- One recent passport size photo.
Myanmar Paper Visa
Download and print one copy of the Myanmar visa application form.
Submit the application and pay the fee (USD 20 for 28 days) at Nakkhu Height, Lalitpur, Kathmandu.
Collect your passport and you are good to go!
- Submit the online application form
- Take up to 3 days for approval.
- You can choose express service – which is same day service with an additional cost.
PRINT the eVisa approval letter and eVisa holder can enter Myanmar only via following ports:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Myanmar Visa
How much does it cost?
USD20 for 28 days.
Where and how do I get a visa for Myanmar?
Apply in the Myanmar Embassy or online for an eVisa.
How many days does it take?
Normally it takes three days but you can apply for express same day service.
Can I go overland?
If you already have a paper visa, yes. If you have an eVisa there are restrictions to arriving overland. See the list of arrival ports above.
Do I need a photo?
Yes. One photo.
How long is the visa valid for?
The visa is valid for 28 days.
How many blank pages do I need on my passport?
You need two blank pages.
Do I need to give a visa interview?
Any special rules or requirements?