Nepali passport holders can obtain a Laos Visa on arrival, at the airport and at land border crossings.
- Passport with a minimum of six months validity and two empty pages.
- Return ticket or proof of onward travel.
- Two current colour passport photos no smiling, no cap, no sunglasses.
- One visa application form.
Fill the Laos Visa Application form upon arrival at immigration.
It is very important to fill up the form correctly.
Pay the visa fee in dollars. Currently it is USD 40. Hand the application to the immigration officer. Collect your visa and make sure the entry stamp is correct. It is important to do this to avoid problems late.
Welcome to Laos!
Nepali citizens are eligible to apply for Laos eVisa. Three simple steps to apply:
- Fill the application form using this link.
- Pay your fees (USD 55 for Nepali citizens)
- Download and print your eVisa (Normally 3 working days)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Laos Tourist Visa
How much is the Tourist Visa?
The visa costs 40 USD.
How do I get the Tourist Visa?
You can get the tourist visa on arrival. You can also apply in advance for an eVisa.
How long does it take to get the visa?
Your visa on arrival will take 10-15 minutes.
Can I go overland?
Yes, you can enter Laos by the land borders.
Do I need a photo?
Yes, you need two photos.
How long is the visa valid for?
How many empty pages do I need on my passport?
Two pages, one for the paper visa and one for stamp.
What are the required documents to obtain a Tourist Visa for Laos?
You will require to have a hotel booking and an onward flight ticket.
Do I need to give a visa interview?
Are there any special rules or requirements?